The golf course was developed by Woodcote Grove Estates Ltd, who had plans for other development of a large area surrounding the golf course. Although some parts of the plans came to fruition, the Wars and the recession, plus restrictive Green Belt legislation restricted further development. The freehold of the golf course was offered to members in 1950 and this resulted in the outright purchase of the club.
Subsequent years have seen considerable changes to the buildings and course, but the original Edwardian style of the main lounge and dining room remain, and many of the holes would still be familiar to past members.
Woodcote has always contributed a healthy share of County golfers and County Champions, with several members going on to international representation. In 2002-03 the club was rightly proud of its top golfers, who included the Surrey Men’s Champion, the Surrey Ladies’ Champion, the Surrey Champion Club and the English Champion Club – a remarkable achievement!