Woodcote Park is a part parkland, part downland course measuring 6,814 yards, making it one of the longer courses in the county.
Founded in 1912, the course at Woodcote Park consists of two parts - eight holes at the "top" of the course and on the same level as the clubhouse, and ten holes which slope down about 150 feet to flat ground before gradually rising again to the original level.
Originally, Woodcote Grove Estate Ltd owned the land and leased it to the members. In 1950 the whole freehold of the land and premises was purchased by members, since then a great deal of course development has taken place.
The top eight holes, once known as "the field", is now unrecognisable as such and trees separate some of the best fairways in Surrey. Holes 1 to 5 form part of the top eight, before players cross the path that runs from outside the clubhouse at the end of Meadow Hill Bridle Way to The Mount. Holes 6 to 15 run in a roughly anti-clockwise direction before players re-cross the path to holes 16, 17 and 18, which run anti-clockwise around the first five holes back to the clubhouse.
The course is situated on top of the Downs so the wind often plays an important role in determining the success or otherwise of a round. For instance, although the 6th and 11th holes measure almost exactly the same, the prevailing south-westerlies turn them into two complete opposites when playing.