Woodcote Park Golf Club was opened on 31st May 1912 with an exhibition match between Harry Vardon and James Braid, the foremost golfers of their day, with Vardon being the current Open Champion. The club was formed with great enthusiasm and initially there were 100 men and 25 lady members. To commemorate the opening the fine oak tree to be seen in front of the club house was planted.
The golf course was developed by Woodcote Grove Estates Ltd, who had plans for other development of a large area surrounding the golf course. Although some parts of the plans came to fruition, the Wars and the recession, plus restrictive Green Belt legislation restricted further development. The freehold of the golf course was offered to members in 1950 and this resulted in the outright purchase of the club.
Subsequent years have seen considerable changes to the buildings and course, but the original Edwardian style of the main lounge and dining room remain, and many of the holes would still be familiar to past members.
Woodcote has always contributed a healthy share of County golfers and County Champions, with several members going on to international representation. In 2002-03 the club was rightly proud of its top golfers, who included the Surrey Men's Champion, the Surrey Ladies' Champion, the Surrey Champion Club and the English Champion Club - a remarkable achievement!